Calling all Braumeister 20 litre owners

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I am after the assistance of any/existing BM owners. I am a trained engineer (although some would say otherwise) and I am exploring the possibility if a BM copy could be made significantly cheaper than buying one. The reason is I want one, and Before I commit to buying one I want to know there isn't a cheaper option.

And I'm not talking about a clone BM cobbled together out of random pots and pans. I mean one really made properly by a manufacturing firm. I've got the controls sorted (as I'm one and I've already drafted up the first version of the multi mash step control system) but I need some help.

Attached is a sketch of what I think are the measurements for a 20 litre BM. What I really need help with is if an existing 20 litre BM owner could check/confirm/tell me that these dimensions and sizes I have are right. That way I can then get right prices to make all of the SS parts.

Please feel free to mark up what I have done and also interested in anyone's feedback and thoughts on this. View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439840441.808161.jpg

Thanks in advance [emoji106]

The BM is 40cm Diameter and 38.5L total volume. The thermowell is also located next to the threaded bar.

Otherwise good start.

Back