Can I part bottle part keg a brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1964

Regular.
Reaction score
My Young's American IPA is fermenting nicely.
First Brew I've done.
I was wondering, once ready to syphon into rotokeg, and prime, could I then draw off about 6 pints into bottles to try that way also. I know this would make a bit more headroom in the keg, and wondered if OK.
Cheers Jon

Can your keg tap take a hose to get to the bottom of the bottle? If so you'd probably be alright.

I've been using cornies which hold 19 litres, so I bottle 8 pints and then move the siphon into the keg while I prime the bottles and cap them. I'm a bit lazy so I just use a couple of carb drops in each bottle, but half a teaspoon of table sugar would work fine too.

Can your keg tap take a hose to get to the bottom of the bottle? If so you'd probably be alright.

I've been using cornies which hold 19 litres, so I bottle 8 pints and then move the siphon into the keg while I prime the bottles and cap them. I'm a bit lazy so I just use a couple of carb drops in each bottle, but half a teaspoon of table sugar would work fine too.
Thanks Redwulf
Better get off to Aldi for some bottles of proper job then. Purely for recycling purposes of course. That's what I tell Mrs Jon 👍👍

I have a couple of 9l cornies and enjoy bottling 25 ish bottles and filling the small keg.

The bottles go in swaps etc, and with a bit of rock and roll I can try a pint the same day.

Martin

You should be fine and your not alone. With Christmas coming and handing out my brews as presents, what I have started to do is to move the brew into a second vessel and prime the whole batch in one go. Then syphon out the second vessel (FV) to fill a 10Litre Keg and the rest is bottled via a little bottler attached to the tap to the second vessel.

Latest posts

Back