Can I reuse turbo cider?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy391

Reaction score
Hi guys

started a turbo cider about 4 days ago, no bubbles and I have no idea if it’s fermenting...

If it hasn’t/doesn’t ferment at all, is it possible to boil up and re start using this Apple juice , rather than being left with 30l of funky AJ?

Is this in a FV or a DJ if its the former don't use airlock activity as a guide fermentation is not taking place as many of them leak, get yourself a hydrometer (if you haven't already) take a reading then another in 5 days.

Is this in a FV or a DJ if its the former don't use airlock activity as a guide fermentation is not taking place as many of them leak, get yourself a hydrometer (if you haven't already) take a reading then another in 5 days.

Thanks ,
If the hydrometer readings show no change, what do you suggest?

Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulphite),

I put the full sachet of stabiliser in a 30 bottle wine kit recently instead of the yeast i panicked and addd the yeast anyway but then decided to make sure it worked (with fingers crossed) i re-hydrated a new sachet of yeast following the video below, it worked. :thumba:

Last edited:
Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulphite),

I put the full sachet of stabiliser in a 30 bottle wine kit recently and to save it i re-hydrated a new sachet of yeast following the video below, it worked. :thumba:

thanks , I’ve ‘repitched’ two lots of yeast , so hopefully somethings happening!

Latest posts

Back