Can this tap be connected to a ball lock disconnect?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joetp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

I bought some 5L SS Minikegs from Geterbrewed early last year - I initially purchased this alongside three 5L kegs: Beer Tap Dispenser Kit 0-60psi for SS Mini Kegs

I have switched to ball lock spears so I can do closed transfers from my Fermzilla All Rounder, so I'd love to be able to connect the tap to a ball lock disconnect. Here's a picture of the tap itself below:

PXL_20220102_144415415.jpg

I've asked Geterbrewed, but they don't sell anything that can accommodate this, so I thought I'd see if anyone has managed this on here! If not, no worries. I'll probably try and sell it and buy one. I'm using a Picnic tap atm, but would love a traditional tap with a flow control built-in - it just feels right!

Thanks!

Joe

That's a specific tap for the dispenser that you linked to. The kind of spear sticking out the rear end is the flow control part, which in this case is then enclosed by the SS "beer line" part. In other flow control taps, there is another part which surrounds said spear, onto which you can then attach a shank, then beer line. I doubt you'll be able to find a part to fit it to be honest - I would cut my losses and buy a new tap kit.

Latest posts

Back