Can you help me crush some grains - Mirfield West Yorkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Clegg

Reaction score
Hi I've been a right idiot and ordered my last lot of grains from the MaltMiller uncrushed - Doh. Can anyone help me out and crush some grains for me.

I know it is a big ask, I would obviously come to you at a time that suits you.

Thanks in advance Mat

I’m in Yorkshire but don’t have a grain mill, sorry. There are a couple of breweries near you, have you tried asking them? Magic Rock, Elland Brewery, Ossett Brewing.

That was going to be my next step if there is nothing forthcoming. Can't imagine magic rock wanting to crush my 3kg of grain

Probably not but you never know. I made the same mistake once and took ages crushing the grain in a sandwich bag with a rolling pin. Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson now and will check more carefully when ordering!

That did cross my mind but I thought there must be someone around. I'll be more careful next time but don't really want to whizz a load of grain away

Hopefully someone will turn up. I know, I got impatient with using the rolling pin one time and threw the grain in the food processor which probably wasn’t much better than using it uncrushed.

I'm sure the old food processor didn't love that much either. Thinking about going up to the Moors and nicking two millstones getting Roman style on it.

Okay. What's cheaper. Replacing your grain or buying this mill?

(understand those mills aren't the best. but they do the job....)

I'm not intending to but in crushed grain. There was just this one SNAFU that I need to deal with. I just don't brew the volume to warrant buying in bulk and milling my own.

Latest posts

Back