Can you mix John Guest and duotight fittings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to set up a kegerator but I can't find any duotight 3/8 to 3/16 reducers only John Guest. Can you mix them? I'm going to order some Eva barrier from AE, I've looked an there but I can't find any keg disconnects with 3/16 fittings but I have found a JG 3/8 to 3/16 reducer in the UK. I'm just trying to have as few connections as possible to reduce leaks. Any advice please.

Sorry, just re-read your post and I guess you’ve already looked. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve got some 3/16 for beer line rather than gas line and that uses 3/8 disconnect with a reducing stem that brings it down to 3/16, I think that’s the normal way of doing it.

Sorry, just re-read your post and I guess you’ve already looked. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve got some 3/16 for beer line rather than gas line and that uses 3/8 disconnect with a reducing stem that brings it down to 3/16, I think that’s the normal way of doing it.
I can't find a duotight reducing stem only a John Guest. Are they compatible?

Oh, I think I see what you’re getting at now - you’re looking at an 8mm duotight disconnect with an 8mm - 3/16 JG reducing stem?

I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work if that’s the case. If you want to be 100% certain why not go JG all the way on the liquid side?

Oh, I think I see what you’re getting at now - you’re looking at an 8mm duotight disconnect with an 8mm - 3/16 JG reducing stem?

I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work if that’s the case. If you want to be 100% certain why not go JG all the way on the liquid side?
Sorry I already have the duotight disconnect

Yes, another person who mixes them here - I had to to get my kegland spunding valve to work with my corny.

I've ordered a couple of Kegland secondary regulators earlier without quite realising they were 5/16". Have ordered some JG 3/8" to 5/16" stems as use 3/8" tube from gas bottle. Good to know they are compatible.

Latest posts

Back