Cantina wine kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flan

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with these kits. How much juice comes with them, at 7kg pack there must be at least 5litres with it.
EAE80782-054C-445D-822C-009FF5377AA3.jpeg

I made 2 batches using cantina kits. Chardonnay and Pink Chardonnay. Both came out very well and were very nice. I was a bit disappointed with the colour of Pink Chardonnay because of the golden colour, I expected it to be more like Rosé.

I think there was approximately 5 litres of concentrate, I did rinse the concentrate bag with a bit of hot water though to get the most out of it as per instructions. So it could be a small bit less than 5 litres.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that when you are making it make sure to be patient with clearing, it may take 24hrs if you're lucky. I accidentally disturbed the sediment the first time so I let it clear again but I wasn't patient with it and got some sediment in the bottles, so I had to empty them into a fermenter again for a day or two and bottle again. When clearing it's best to leave the fermenter at table height for at least 24hrs without moving it and just rack it from there.

I made 2 batches using cantina kits. Chardonnay and Pink Chardonnay. Both came out very well and were very nice. I was a bit disappointed with the colour of Pink Chardonnay because of the golden colour, I expected it to be more like Rosé.

I think there was approximately 5 litres of concentrate, I did rinse the concentrate bag with a bit of hot water though to get the most out of it as per instructions. So it could be a small bit less than 5 litres.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that when you are making it make sure to be patient with clearing, it may take 24hrs if you're lucky. I accidentally disturbed the sediment the first time so I let it clear again but I wasn't patient with it and got some sediment in the bottles, so I had to empty them into a fermenter again for a day or two and bottle again. When clearing it's best to leave the fermenter at table height for at least 24hrs without moving it and just rack it from there.
Thanks pat, good to know

We have done a few Cantina and the whites are good enough although more recently on another thread I commented that the sweet spot might be the On The House for a Chardonnay for example.

I couldn't rate any reds in this range and more generally at this price point. Just my opinion though.

Latest posts

Back