capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty198111

Reaction score
well im abit of a plonker

i put my home brew on ( lager kit ) and its now ready i got all the bottles and caps but i forgot the capper

does anyone know of away to put the caps on with out the tool

mat

Not really mate - you don't want it to take the risk of not securing them properly.

Where abouts are you? Its a long shot but there may be someone local that could help out.

im in southampton, spent all what was left over from me wages on all the other stuff and forgot about a capper, now im abit worried as the beer is ready to be bottled

Okay, you might be best to go down the cheap pet bottle route to save your beer.

I have just had a look on the Tesco website and they are selling 2l bottles of still water for 17p. If you buy a couple of quids worth, tip the water then you should be enough for you to bottle the beer. The downside of course is that you will need to drink it in 2l batches and you will also have to have a jug that it big enough to allow you to pour the contents of the bottle into.

Its not perfect but might see you through till you can get a capper.

Dunfie said:
Okay, you might be best to go down the cheap pet bottle route to save your beer.

I have just had a look on the Tesco website and they are selling 2l bottles of still water for 17p. If you buy a couple of quids worth, tip the water then you should be enough for you to bottle the beer. The downside of course is that you will need to drink it in 2l batches and you will also have to have a jug that it big enough to allow you to pour the contents of the bottle into.

Its not perfect but might see you through till you can get a capper.

i dont mind drinking it in the 2 litre batches ;) but can i not just tip it from the bottle to the pint glass or will it disturb the sediment

2L of Beer in a PET Bottle will not fit into a Pint pot . . . trust me I've tried ;) . . . Then when you tip the PET upright you disturb the yeast making the second beer cloudy. . . . Dunfie is right decant into a Jug and dispense from the jug ;)

Latest posts

Back