Capri sun hard cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r_Mark

Reaction score
Hi everyone after much research I have never seen or heard of anyone making capri sun cider so here is my recipe to make 5 litres I made 4 days ago .8 pack of 200ml blackcurrant capri sun 2 and a half litres of apple juice youngs yeast nutrients 1 tea spoon youngs pectalase 1 teaspoon 1 3rd pack of wine yeast and that's it. I will post again to let you all know how it turns out and how it tastes.

It will work, I've brewed vimto & blackcurrent & apple squash before.
But you may find it too alchopoppy for adults & suitable only for teenagers :)
Did you boil the vimto to get rid of the preservatives so it doesnt stops the yeast , I didnt boil the capri sun as it has no preservatives and says it's all natural ingredients so it should brew better and half apple juice too and it was bubbling away very fast the first 4 days its slowed a lot now but I will give it another week at least before I check the ggravity to see if I can bottle it .

Boiling doesn't work trust me i tried it and it failed big style.
I just did the boil tonight 1 litre vimto 2 litres apple juice 1 kg sugar 1 litre water because I didnt have enough apple juice in a cup of strong tea 1 teaspoon of pectalase 1 teaspoon of of yeast nutrient and 1 3rd of a 5gram wine yeast I will check it tomorrow see if its started brewing .I will keep you all updated with this one as well .

Yes, we boiled the 'squash' for 20-30 mins to drive off any (I Guess SO2)
The batches we did were quite slow to start fermenting & never got to what I would call vigourus fermentation. - But then I havn't been adding nutrient to them.

I will check it tomorrow see if its started brewing .I will keep you all updated with this one as well .

When. I made the Ribena wine I boiled the ribena for 15 minutes as instructed it fermented slowly for 6 weeks then stopped at 1010 I was horribly sweet so I binned it, I asked why it had failed and was told by a well respected member boiling doest get rid of preservative and the best place for juice that contains it is on the supermarket shelf, good luck with your experiment but don't be put off if this one fails.

When. I made the Ribena wine I boiled the ribena for 15 minutes as instructed it fermented slowly for 6 weeks then stopped at 1010 I was horribly sweet so I binned it, I asked why it had failed and was told by a well respected member boiling doest get rid of preservative and the best place for juice that contains it is on the supermarket shelf, good luck with your experiment but don't be put off if this one fails.
Its bubbling away at the moment so it has started to ferment I will update if it stops or when it stops .

The vimto brew I did last night has very small bubble rising very fast at the moment the capri sun has slowed down a lot so its 6 days now but still brewing .

Bottling the capri sun and apple cider today its stopped brewing ,taste is great 2.5g of sugar in 500ml bottles it's still cloudy but hope it clears when carbanation takes place I got 7.5 500ml bottles from the mix after syphoning from 5 litre bottle and discarding the sediment the half bottle I topped up with water see how it tastes when carbonated lol may add a few cups of extra water on the next to make the full 8 bottles the vimto is still fizzing like mad but I did add a lot if sugar to it lol.

Hi guys so I have chilled the capri sun and apple cider opened a few bottles and the taste wasnt very good there is a taste of alcohol and some apple with a hint of blackcurrant but it taste like a watered down bad cider I will give the remaining bottles more time to condition see if it improves any the vimto one isn't much better it's been brewing for 2 weeks it still tastes too sweet there is a good taste of the vimto and a lot of alcohol in it I think with this one there was far too much sugar added and capri sun I will probably never try and make that one again .

Latest posts

Back