Carapils with porter?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I bought a pack of this a month ago as I was planning on using it with an IPA but went with Crystal malt in the end

But as I have two IPA batches Im leaning toward a porter tonight using some left over grains (pale chocolate, flaked barley Maris for base)

Now instead of opening the crystal I thought maybe the carapils instead but would this be the wrong choice of grain for this style

Oh and I found a half used pack of roasted barley (about 50g) but this is 7 months out of date, its been in the garage
Would anyone say this would be a bad idea to add to the brew' it smells and looks fine and was in a zip seal pouch

Cheers

Definitely not a substitute for crystal.

The original Carapils® Malt is a unique, dextrine-style malt that consistently increases foam, improves head retention and enhances mouthfeel without adding flavor or color to your beer.

Ok
I was reading an American forum and it sounded like some were substituting this for crystal

Glad I came on here first
Can this grain be steeped like specialty grains?

Im considering now just leaving it out as flaked barley should do a good enough job
Save it for another time

Latest posts

Back