Carbonating temp/pressure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

private4587

Reaction score
hi everyone hope someone can help here, i have the chart for carbonating my brews but am puzzled by what temp i should use. Should i use the fermenting temp. or should i use the cold crash temp. I will be bottling and using KK with a my beer engine. With the KK i am not to bothered as the carbonation will be very low but i am worried with the bottles as i don't want to under carbonate whilst at the same time don't want to create bottle bombs

That carbonation charts you have are likely for caring with co2 gas. If you are bottling and kegging for a handpull you can prime with sugar and naturally carb (depending on your handpull set up, obvs in an unsealed set up you run the risk of oxygen getting to the better longer term.

That carbonation charts you have are likely for caring with co2 gas. If you are bottling and kegging for a handpull you can prime with sugar and naturally carb (depending on your handpull set up, obvs in an unsealed set up you run the risk of oxygen getting to the better longer term.
i understand the carbonation for use with my hand pull, its the carbonation temp/pressure for bottling that as me baffled. I will be bottling under pressure using my iTap system. So again its down to which temp do i use i.e. fermenting temp or cold crash temp

i understand the carbonation for use with my hand pull, its the carbonation temp/pressure for bottling that as me baffled. I will be bottling under pressure using my iTap system. So again its down to which temp do i use i.e. fermenting temp or cold crash temp
If the beer was cold crashed in an unpressurised container after being at fermenting temp, then fermenting temp (or thereabouts) should be used to determine the amount of residual CO2.

Care to post a link to the chart you are using? My understanding of carbonation charts is that they relate to the temperature of the beer at the time you are carbonation. Unless as NotSure says, they relate to beer brewed under pressure. But knowing which chart you are using will help someone who knows more than me to help you ;)

Latest posts

Back