Carbonation cap

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Griff097

Reaction score
I bought a Carbonation cap, wrongly thinking it would screw into my intertap to aid bottling off the keg, but it has a a male coupler with a seal on it, any suggestions.

I am sure I saw a video with someone bottling straight off the tap with something like this.

AnimatedGIF

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what you have got?
I have a carbonation cap, but it uses quick disconnects and 3/8 line on to the keg. Sounds like you may be thinking of a counterflow bottle filler.

Griff097

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what you have got?
I have a carbonation cap, but it uses quick disconnects and 3/8 line on to the keg. Sounds like you may be thinking of a counterflow bottle filler.
Same as this I think

naturals

Reaction score
Same as this I think

I'm currently trying to do the same. I could be wrong but I think the idea is that you connect that carbonation cap to a length of 1/2" tube and on to one of these:

Of course, it may be easier for you to connect a length directly to a quick connect on the keg and bypass the tap completely.

Griff097

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to do the same. I could be wrong but I think the idea is that you connect that carbonation cap to a length of 1/2" tube and on to one of these:

Of course, it may be easier for you to connect a length directly to a quick connect on the keg and bypass the tap completely.
I've got a growler filler, which is basically the same as shoving a piece of pipe over the spout end, to fill deeper vessels without foaming it seems, but I thought the bonus of the carbonation cap was the co2 pressure is maintained as you thread the bottle into the cap and as you unscrew it fill to remove headspace/oxygen.

AnimatedGIF

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as this I think

This is the sort I have. You can use it to fill PET bottles, but not using your tap.
See this video for details: