Carbonation issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesteve

Reaction score
Finished an IPA brew just over a month ago. It was sitting in the house in the warmth for a couple of weeks then I moved it to the garage in the cold for another two weeks but when I opened the first bottle last night it did not have much fizz to it. Will it get better just leaving it in the cold for a while longer or do you think I should bring it back to a warm place for a bit?

How much sugar did you use to prime it, have you used crown caps ? and does the beer taste sweetish

I normally allow 6 weeks at around 15C or above for carbonation. Sometimes it takes ages and ages, but they all get there in the end.

what kind of bottles glass or plastic if you are using glass always fill a plastic one to as you can feel the carbonation if plastic leave in the heat till the bottle goes rock hard:beer1:

Thanks all, I will bring it back inside for a while. It is in glass bottles with about half a teaspoon of sugar in each.

Latest posts

Back