Carbonation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy44

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, what is the best way to keep an head on a classic bitter, when i pour it from the bottle the head is good but soon dissappears making it look flat. I always rince the glass before i pour it. Any advise is welcome.

Hi, what is the best way to keep an head on a classic bitter, when i pour it from the bottle the head is good but soon dissappears making it look flat. I always rince the glass before i pour it. Any advise is welcome.
Getting the pH around 5.3, use some dextrin malt (carapils) dough in at a higher temperature as possible to bring your mash to temperature.

Getting the pH around 5.3, use some dextrin malt (carapils) dough in at a higher temperature as possible to bring your mash to temperature.
Hi Foxy, can i use this in a classic bitter kit and how, all the kits i brew start off with a good head and quicky goes flat. Cheers

I don't worry about things like this. When a decent pint of bitter in a pub does the same

Worthwhile noticing that if your glass has been washed in washing up liquid then a head will just dissipate due to the grease in the washing up liquid. A way around this is to use pub type glass wash.

Worthwhile noticing that if your glass has been washed in washing up liquid then a head will just dissipate due to the grease in the washing up liquid. A way around this is to use pub type glass wash.
Or rinse and dry out thoroughly

Back