Carlisle pubs?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good lady and myself will be locking the kids in the cellar with some dry bread crusts and travelling to Carlisle for the weekend next week.

Other than a train trip out to Wetheral to visit my Grandad's grave, can anyone give me any pub recommendations? Cask mainly, but don't mind a bit of the craft keg dark side as long as it's not one of those elitist hipster joints. athumb..

Can't vouch for any of them these days but the Boardroom and the Kings Head in town near cathedral were my go tos in the early 99s when at boarding school there. Also in Wetheral the Wheatsheaff used to do lovely pint of Greenalls original.

We've been to the king's head, that was one of the better ones, good ale. I'm ofg to Wetheral tomorrow to see my Grandad's grave do I'll have an look when I'm there - he always used to take me to the crown so I'm off there at well. 😁

We've been to the king's head, that was one of the better ones, good ale. I'm ofg to Wetheral tomorrow to see my Grandad's grave do I'll have an look when I'm there - he always used to take me to the crown so I'm off there at well. 😁

Kings Head known locally as the Napper

I don't know Carlisle at all but it doesn't strike me as somewhere that hipster bars would be in abundance.
If you venture out of the town a little bit there has got to be some decent traditional type pubs surely?

Latest posts

Back