Carrot mead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Bored!

So bought a kilo of carrots already have 3 jars of honey OOD 50p a jar. Total 1.5kg

Potato peeled the carrots. Doggo has eaten the ends. She loves carrots.

Boiling them in 3.5 litres of water with half a lemon and 3 chopped figs (no raisens)

Will drain them and add the honey. Top up with another maybe half litre of cold water to reduce temp and add to DJ

Carrot mead anyone?

I've got mangrove jacks mead yeast staring at me in the fridge. It's supposed to treat 23 litres so just going to open in, sprinkle a little. Seal back up in cling film and put back in the bag of yeasts in the fridge.

Took all the carrot peelings out and blended them with an egg some flour and a generous spoon of peanut butter. Spread it all on a tray and it's baking now.

Good for me and the doggo apparently

I've made carrot wine before and it turned out pretty well. Decided just to replace the sugar with honey. Pitched mangrove jacks mead yeast this morning.

It's dropped nicely of its own accord. Maybe rack it soon but it's still bubbling away very very slowly. Sneaked a wee taste. Tastes just like mead. With no real carrot flavour. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Latest posts

Back