Cartons best bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
Hi all. Just managed to pick up a caxtons best bitter for £6.50 in wilkos. Bit of a bargain I thought, especially as there is nothing wrong/missing from it. Does anybody have any idea how best to brew it? Have got some muntons brew enhancer. Would that be ok or would I need more fermentables with it?

Also on a side note I have a bulldog rajas reward kit waiting. I want to do the bitter first so how Is it best to store the rajas reward? At the moment it is just sitting in the spare bedroom in its box.

Thanks in advance

Hi Jimbo

Put the yeast sachet from the Bulldog kit in the fridge, the rest of the kit will be fine where it is.

The Tom Caxton kit will be OK with 1kg of Brew Enhancer and should be fairly straightforward to do. :thumb:

Just make sure you double all the suggested times in the instructions (at least) as these are always wildly optimistic. 2 Weeks in the FV, then 2 weeks in bottles or keg in a warm room followed by 2 weeks in a cool place is the standard advice.

Take care to sanitise everything that will come into contact with the beer and Good Luck.

Back