• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cascade, EKG and Prima Donna Rhizomes for Sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiddylad

Reaction score
Hi All

It’s that time of year when I do a bit of maintenance of my hop plants, as a result I have a number of rhizomes for sale. I have Cascade, East Kent Goldings & Prima Donna. The hops are £10 each, which includes P&P. However if you would like more than one it would be 2 for £18, 3 for £25. If you are interested PM me.

Thanks

Neil

Are they all ‘hardy’?
How long till they crop?
Can they grow in pots ?
So many questions

The first year is all about root growth, so you will get a harvest in the first year but it will be the 2nd and 3rd year when you get a significant crop. You'll probably get enough for a brew in the first year. Once you get to May you will start to see significant growth and they really start to shoot up. Yes you can grow them in pots, the bigger the better. But they will need more maintenance as you will have to water them a lot more.

Neil

I can recommend Neil's rhizomes, I enjoyed a beer last night brewed from hops I grew from one of his prima donna's :thumbsup:

Just wondering how long until I might expect to see a shoot?! Planted it the same day I received it into a large pot full of new topsoil. Watering it every 3 days. Pot is drained and I am careful not to over water which I read is a common problem. It is inside the garage right now a few degrees above outside temperature, below about 1.5 inches of topsoil.

How do I know it is alive?! It did look like a dead twig when I unwrapped it :)

If you cut into it and the stem is white then it is still alive and if it's brown it's usually dead. I normally check if I'm not sure. In regards to when it will come up I'm not sure to be honest, it's been a while since I've planted one, mine are quite mature now. But I suppose it is due to temperature and other factors. I'm sure it will come up in due course, but I'm to happy to send you another one if you want, just to be one the safe side. I have your details still. Let me know.

I am in absolutely no rush so I will just wait it out! It is still totally hidden under the soil, in the garage, away from the frosts and cold.

It is particularly cold right now so maybe it is just dormant for now. Will re-assess once the temperatures are more reasonable.

Thanks

Mine has finally developed a shoot! Do I expect further shoots or just the 1? It is a lot larger in diameter than I imagined; around 2mm. When I grow chillis, the shoots are a fraction of the size!

It's still in my garage, with a light on it. Will stick it outside once I am confident the temperatures are stable.

Fantastic. Expect a lot more shoots, once you get to the end of May it will leap up. It will be fine to put it out whenever, it will go into shock but it will recover. Hops like a frost so don't worry about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back