Cascade hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko

Reaction score
Hi all
I have 50g of cascade hops to use up and was looking for kit to put them in. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks Dicko.

I suggest Coopers AuPA with 500g Light DME and 500g Dextrose, brewed to 21 litres. This kit is quite lightly hopped and so you will get to notice your Cascade hops, whether in a dry hop or a hop tea. And a 150g light crystal malt steep will also help things along too.

I suggest Coopers AuPA with 500g Light DME and 500g Dextrose, brewed to 21 litres. This kit is quite lightly hopped and so you will get to notice your Cascade hops, whether in a dry hop or a hop tea. And a 150g light crystal malt steep will also help things along too.
Thanks terrym
I actually had 100g but, I put 50g in a coopers canadian blonde with 500g light spray malt and 700g of sugar and brewed to 21L. It was nice but was looking for other ideas. I've never tried the AuPA so sounds a good option.

Cheers Dicko.

Thanks terrym
I actually had 100g but, I put 50g in a coopers canadian blonde with 500g light spray malt and 700g of sugar and brewed to 21L. It was nice but was looking for other ideas. I've never tried the AuPA so sounds a good option.

Cheers Dicko.
I found the Blonde very anaemic, but the AuPA had more going for it. I looked up my records and found I did the AuPA sixteen times with a variety of different hops, grain steeps and minimashes. If you want something with even more going for it you could consider the Bootmakers kit. However I didn't get on with the Brew A IPA, and found the Innkeepers kit too bitter for me.

I found the Blonde very anaemic, but the AuPA had more going for it. I looked up my records and found I did the AuPA sixteen times with a variety of different hops, grain steeps and minimashes. If you want something with even more going for it you could consider the Bootmakers kit. However I didn't get on with the Brew A IPA, and found the Innkeepers kit too bitter for me.
Thanks terrym
As I've never tried AuPA or the bootmaker I may try both side by side.
Cheers Dicko.

Thanks terrym
As I've never tried AuPA or the bootmaker I may try both side by side.
Cheers Dicko.
I obviously don't know where you buy your Cascade hops, but I frequently use Crossmyloof and have found that it is definitely worth spending a bit extra on the Cascade US hops if you are looking for 'citrus', since I found the UK variety lacking in that.
https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk/hop-guideSo if you are going to do a side by side I suggest the hops are from the same batch.

I dry hopped a MJ craft series pale ale with 50g of cascade and it turned out a nice, fruity and tasty ale. 500g of dextrose and 500g light spray malt.

I've ordered another of the same kit to try with Jester hops.

I obviously don't know where you buy your Cascade hops, but I frequently use Crossmyloof and have found that it is definitely worth spending a bit extra on the Cascade US hops if you are looking for 'citrus', since I found the UK variety lacking in that.
https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk/hop-guideSo if you are going to do a side by side I suggest the hops are from the same batch.
I have used crossmyloof in the past but I don't think I got my current cascade hops from them. The ones I have at the moment are not very citrus like at all so may order more from crossmyloof and do a proper comparison of the 2 kits.
Cheers Dicko

I dry hopped a MJ craft series pale ale with 50g of cascade and it turned out a nice, fruity and tasty ale. 500g of dextrose and 500g light spray malt.

I've ordered another of the same kit to try with Jester hops.
Hi west wind
I haven't tried the mj craft kits. Did you try it without the hops first and decided it needed them or was it a recommendation from a friend?
Cheers Dicko

Latest posts

Back