Cctv cameras..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark. I also got a fella who fitted the burglar alarm in my Mrs shop phoning tomorrow who is is a decent bloke so got some definite stuff to go on.

Hi, I moved to a detached house in October and spent a lot of time researching security cams. In the end, I went with two Eufy cameras and their wireless doorbell which doubles as a security camera.

What I liked about the Eufy setup is that the cameras are all wireless and run on battery which lasts about 6 months before you need to charge via USB. the range is good considering it doesnt use nor,al wifi, but its own low power wireless to the little hub.

The hub has built in storage to record all the footage and the app can be switched between home and away mode to turn on or off the security features. All footage is viewed via the app with alerts and both myself and my wife have the app. It can use gps on your phone so that when both of us are outside a radius that we set, it arms the camera.

The house has a security alarm already, but goes off by its self sometimes. This way the little cameras alert me when someone is snooping around the house and I can take action before they actually enter the house. Again the little cameras can also be set to trigger an alarm, have little LED spotlights and a speaker so you can even shout abuse at the intruder :)

Starting to sound like a complete sales pitch here, but just remembered if you have an Amazon echo show you can say 'alexa, show me patio door' and i can switch between cameras from my bed.

Lastly, they can be set to detect humans and pets, so only a person triggers it. handy when you have squirrels and lots of bushes about. You can also draw an exclusion zone so if like me you have a cam or doorbell pointing onto the street, you can tell it to ignore the footpath area.

I'm really impressed so far. You can take their cloud subscription (optional extra) which gives you more storage in the cloud and it also does facial recognition so you can identify individuals like the postman and family members. The doorbell will actually announce the name person that is at the front door. Scary stuff.

Anyway, I dont work for Eufy believe it or not, but have done my homework. Be sure to watch the reviews on YouTube. Each little camera is about £89 and the wireless doorbell about £150ish.

Another really cheap option ks the NEOS camera, also on A,azon for about £29. This also has free cloud storage. This was my first cam, but is now my Brewcam which sits on top of my fermenter so I can check for bubbles and get to it before it gets too excited and covers the kitchen.

Good luck, it is a minefield for sure :-)

Back