Celebration!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScouseBrew

Reaction score
I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but after hearing Bradys died I'll have to have a celebratory stout!

I dont mean this in a judgemental way, but I tend to try to be less judgemental of people like that. What made them like that? Was it abuse in their childhood, an illness or what? He obviously want a normal, mentally healthy person and I see it as mental illness of some sort. I cant accept someone like Brady was a normal, healthy person and as such find it difficult to judge him too harshly (although he of course had to be in prison for life to protect the public). But I'll have another beer anyway. Cheers.:cheers:

You have to have grown up in the 60s to appreciate the full hatred that people feel for Brady and Hindley.
There are certain parts of that decade that still stay with me , the Winter of 63, Aberfan disaster, World cup final, Donald Campbell crashing, moon landings but the most enduring of them was Hindley and Brady.

This is almost like the end of the 60s now that he has gone, I remember being terrified at the sound of their names when I was about 12, he ranked up there with the likes of Hitler for the way he manipulated his victims families long after their deaths. His name probably does not have the same impact on those less than 40 but most people regarded him/her as the epitomy of evil. I think it was the first big murder case that endured over the years with massive publicity.
he will not be missed by many, if any at all.

His partner in crime Myra Hindley who died years ago was equally as bad, remember Lord Longford pleading long and hard on her behalf for her release. He died before she did and she remained in jail until her death.

It does seem a bit odd that these two received life sentences and are probably the only two who have actually been kept in jail for the rest of their lives, real justice, that now seems to be a thing of the past!

Dreadful...poor victims and the lifetime of torment imposed on the people who loved them . The sadness of the woman who never found her child.
They should have been hanged for a long time on a short rope...publicly.
I'm not religious but if the beast downstairs does exist I hope he rips their skin off for eternity and dips them in salt...
Justice my ****...

Latest posts

Back