Cellar 7 Pinot Grecio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Fox

Reaction score
After a few initial cheap kits I have always stuck with Beaverdale. However local wine shop closed and Beaverdale seems hard to come by on the Internet so now I am trying the Cellar 7. Not cheap so I assume it is good? Interested in their peach and mango if this turns out well

WOW! Just finished the 30 bottle Cellar 7 kit in 5 days. Added the Finings and it cleared in 2 hours. Going to leave till Saturday to bottle though. Tastes pretty good.

Looking forward to hearing the results on this kit, if it's decent it could save me a fortune. The missus loves her wine 🍷

Very nice Pinot but quite disappointing fferentvtobthe Beaverdale. This is lighter and a bit fruitier with a hint of pineapple
1590906827128.jpeg

I made this as my first foray into wine back in March this year, not entirely to Mrs. YC's delight. I think she said something like "we can still have proper wine sometimes can't we?"!

Anyhow, bottled it after 9 days in the bucket, and gave it a couple of weeks before a blind tasting against a supermarket PG, and we both selected the supermarket one as the inferior home made, though both were drinkable. Since then it's been (slightly tongue in cheek) "we're not drinking that cheap shop-bought stuff are we?".

Tasting notes at the time were that it was a little sweeter than preferred, but with fruity PG style.
ABV was 11.3%

In hindsight it would have benefitted from a couple of weeks clearing rather than a couple of days. It was similar to Joe Fox's picture above, but over the course of a few weeks/months that settled to a layer of sediment which didn't stick to the bottle - so ended up back in the wine when pouring.

I've done a couple of 4 & 6 week kits (actually much better) since, but this one was a good starter to get 'buy in' from the main customer!

The cellar 7's are a perfectly good quick and cheap brew.

Imo they can't compare to the bigger 4-6 week kits such as Winexpert classics and On The House.. these kits are only £5-£10 more in cost than the cellar 7s and they contain a lot more juice. Which is personally why I wouldn't bother with the cellar 7s again. Though it has to be said, imo cellar 7's are the best 7 day wine kits on the market.

I can also say the cellar 7 reds are just as good as the whites.

Back