Cellar7 Sauvignon Blanc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norse John

Reaction score
Added the stabilisers/finings yesterday and shall be bottling tomorrow. Smells absolutely spot on for what I was hoping for.

But I've never seen so much sediment gathering at the bottom for any other brew to date. I racked it off 3 times yesterday before adding the finings, but there must be a good litre of it now and increasing. I take that to be a good sign. Going to need racking again before bottling.

Glad to have purchased this, had only made hedgerow type wines before - which were absolutely fine, but not quite the same as proper wine.

I have the same one on the go now too. I haven't broken the seal on the FV but there doesn't appear to be a lot of sediment and certainly not excessive. I wouldn't panic though. I would guess that it's maybe just been a bit too hot and the yeast has worked quickly and multiplied a lot

I bottled this one last month. Can’t actually remember how much sediment there was but as I’ve only made a couple of wine kits before I didn’t really have anything to compare it to.

Even after only a month in the bottle I’m very impressed with the results. Easily as good as most £5 bottles from the supermarket.

Latest posts

Back