Censorship

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read it on the BBC news IMO they were told not to attend as they are breaking Covid rules

Its not censorship its the police doing their job they were told not to turn up and they ignored the warning they deserve everything they get.

Vandalism is also against the law they do themselves no favours. (see police van below)

Protesters have clashed with police after thousands of people turned up to a demonstration officers had "strongly advised" against attending.

Angry scenes unfolded in Bristol where crowds had gathered for the Kill the Bill demonstration in opposition to the Police and Crime Bill.
Videos on Twitter showed protesters rocking a police van while officers on horseback were pushed by the crowd.
Police said action would be taken "when necessary and proportionate".
It is not clear if any arrests have been made and a spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police described it as a "rapidly-developing situation".
The demonstration, which began on Sunday afternoon, moved to Bridewell Street, where several people scaled the police station and sat on the roof.
Fireworks were seen being thrown into the crowd, and graffiti daubed across police vehicles.

Campaigners have staged a string of protests against the bill, which would give the police more powers to deal with non-violent demonstrations.
Many attendees in Bristol wore face masks and carried placards with slogans such as: "Say no to UK police state", "Freedom to protest is fundamental to democracy", and "Kill the Bill".
Avon and Somerset Police had encouraged people to stay away from the demo and attend virtual protests instead.

Mass gatherings are currently banned under coronavirus legislation and anyone breaching regulations could be fined, though some MPs have said the law should change to allow protests.
This weekend has seen a number of protests and demonstrations, with campaigners gathering in support of various causes.

1616355746081.png
1616355765001.png

I consider i live in one of the most open countrys in the world, i can do what i want when i want within the law as long as i don't start annoying other people ok so the state knows everything about me i don't care i have nothing to hide, when it starts getting like the old soviet bloc countrys were even your nieghbour was spying on you i will start to protest until then i will just live a free and easy life, what have these people got to hide

I agree Rod.

I also agree that protesters have the right to protest but in the current situation they are breaking Covid rules and putting themselves and others in danger they are also forcing the police to have to get close to them meaning they are also in danger, as Leon said "Idiots"

Hmmm...I read it as they want to pass new laws over PEACEFUL PROTEST..which sounds like the police will have the power to break up peaceful protest which currently is legal...therefore,you would become a criminal if arrested for not going home from a peaceful protest..so...when or how would protest/mass gathering etc be defined? Sounds a bit sinister...

.I read it as they want to pass new laws over PEACEFUL PROTEST..which sounds like the police will have the power to break up peaceful protest which currently is legal...therefore,you would become a criminal if arrested for not going home from a peaceful protest..

Mass gatherings are not allowed under the current rules so these people should not be gathering to protest, they knew the rules and decided to ignore them.

As it said in the BBC article - Protesters have clashed with police after thousands of people turned up to a demonstration officers had "strongly advised" against attending.

What part of a Pandemic do they not understand and doing it at a time when we are turning a corner is downright stupidity, I hope they throw the book at them. This is not peaceful protesting as they are breaking the law simples

Doctor fella on the telly on one of those shows..commenting on the police action at the vigil of that girl who got murdered recently...sorry names escape me!
Said there is no evidence of covid being transmitted etc at outside gatherings..

Said there is no evidence of covid being transmitted etc at outside gatherings..

That may be the case Clint but there was more chance of it being transmitted than if they had not been there, and again its not just them they potentially put innocent people in danger by having these gatherings.

If you think you’re safe from the coronavirus just because you’re outdoors, think again.

While the wind and the large volume of air make the outdoors less risky than being indoors, circumstances matter.

Someone who is infectious can cough or sneeze, or just talk and, if you happen to inhale those respiratory droplets or they plop into your eye, you can get infected. If you shake hands with an infected person and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth, you also run a chance of getting infected. You don’t have to be inhaling an infected person’s air for very long. What matters is the dose.

As an infectious disease doctor, I get a lot of questions from patients about COVID-19 risks

Thomas A. Russo
Professor and Chief, Infectious Disease, Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo

Latest posts

Back