Champagene yeast .

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishlistlady

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm making elderflower champagne with dried flowers. I used champagne yeast before . However, I have bought some youngsters dried active yeast. Can I use this. I'm a beginner. Would if I can have to use yeast nutrient.
Many thanks for your advice.
Heather

I think perhaps you mean Youngs rather than Youngsters. Yes it's good. And yes you will need the nutrient.
What's your recipe for the wine, Heather? The reason I ask is that I've seen some really dangerous ones that can make the bottles explode.
All the best and welcome to the forum.

Hello An Ankou,
I'm so sorry I can't type your name right. Yes you are correct. Youngs. I have predicted text. Its from balliihoo.co.uk.
Oh my goodness. I hope this is going to be OK..
Thank you so much for your quick reply
Heather

Hello An Ankou,
I'm so sorry I can't type your name right. Yes you are correct. Youngs. I have predicted text. Its from balliihoo.co.uk.
Oh my goodness. I hope this is going to be OK..
Thank you so much for your quick reply
Heather
Well, you say you had made it before with champagne yeast so you're now an old hand rather than a beginner. :laugh8:

If you were happy with the earlier results, then simply changing the yeast won't make a great deal of difference. Youngs diried active, may well be a champagne yeast for all we know.
Good luck.

Elderflower fizzy is one of the few wines I make, nowadays, but I use a base of rhubarb, which is pretty neutral, and then add the elderflowers to it.
Make sure you're using strong bottles: old champagne or cava or prosecco bottles are best.

Well, you say you had made it before with champagne yeast so you're now an old hand rather than a beginner. :laugh8:

If you were happy with the earlier results, then simply changing the yeast won't make a great deal of difference. Youngs diried active, may well be a champagne yeast for all we know.
Good luck.

Elderflower fizzy is one of the few wines I make, nowadays, but I use a base of rhubarb, which is pretty neutral, and then add the elderflowers to it.
Make sure you're using strong bottles: old champagne or cava or prosecco bottles are best.
Ibe

Hello, again , I've changed the sugar as well because the last one was very alcoholic . I've tried to make wine before but now I believe the yeast didn't activate. Thank you So much for your advice . Heather

Hello again ,
My elderflower champagne has no fizz. I think its because I didn't use champagne yeast. Can I add this now a ferment it again ? Please advise.
Many thanks

Hello again ,
My elderflower champagne has no fizz. I think its because I didn't use champagne yeast. Can I add this now a ferment it again ? Please advise.
Many thanks
What was the hydrometer reading before bottling? You say you changed the sugar because the last batch was too alcoholic. What, exactly, did you do.
If the wine has fermented out, you could try priming the bottles with a teaspoonful of sugar and a small punch of champagne yeast.
I had a batch a couple of years ago that didn't gas up and I have to say the remaing bottles are still flat.

Latest posts

Back