Char Sui pork

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220120_171730.jpg

20220120_171604.jpg

@Alastair70 what's your thoughts on the upper limit of time for sous vide Shoulder? I want to get this on tonight for tomorrow. Would 16-20 hours hours OK do you think?

I did this again couple of weeks ago, a 3kg shoulder got 24 hours at 60C in the Grainfather. Then, 1 hour in a high oven to get the outside nice and crispy.
If you add a couple of degrees on to the temp you can trim a few hours off the sous vide time.
The garage smelled amazing for about 2 days afterwards.

Last edited:
Looks awesome. Might have to try this soon, although I have a fairly substantial bit of belly pork that I would probably use instead.

I uave no idea why I picked 55 degrees for pork Shoulder.... I fear its not been enough but let's not panic until it gets its hour in the oven.....

Made some Char Sui today. Pork tenderloin, so not much fat, but worked well hot and fast on the barbecue.

Not to lower the tone, but my girlfriend commented on its shape. "Turnip shaped like a thingy" springs to mind. Ha.

It tasted great.
IMG_20220329_185230.jpg

Latest posts

Back