Cheap fermenter chiller idea - comments

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Parry

Reaction score
I’ve stupidly decided to brew a Kellerbier using lager yeast just as the weather gets warm. In my efforts to get the FV temperature down I’ve been having a few thoughts.

Here is Mark 1. You can’t upload videos here I don’t think so here is a link to it on YouTube:

Small 12V submersible pump circulating iced water over the FV, controlled by an inkbird temperature controller. For brewing lager when the weather is too warm.

This is Mark 1. Plan next to have a reservoir of water in the fridge and circulate water from/to that instead of a bucket.

Also plan to see if something similar but using copper pipe can cool my corny keg that doesn’t fit in the fridge.

Cheaper than a glycol setup!

What do you think?

I put an old T-shirt over my Fermzilla so the cold water was in contact with the fermenter for a bit longer. It seemed to bring the temp down well.

If you can hold on a couple of months I would imagine eBay is about to be inundated with near new fridges and freezers bought during the pandemic to stockpile food.

Latest posts

Back