Cheap Hop Bags - very cheap!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanHarper

Foredown Brewing
Reaction score
If you are looking for a bag to put hops in for the boil - and you don't want to pay too much for them - then go to your local Sainsburys super market. There they sell 30 cm square draw string bags for buying loose vegetables for only 30 pence!!! The usual nylon bag is about £3 in the Home Brew stores so these are well worth it.
I haven't used mine yet - just bought them this afternoon - but I will add an update to this if I discover any down falls.

Don't do it Markk. Plastic has a place if it can be used over and over again. Rinse it out. If it looks a bit grubby afterwards, so what, you're going to boil the bolllocks out of it in the next brew.

I know. I'm as much a hater of single use plastic as anyone but it was in quite a state afterwards. Somewhat off topic, I do wonder how much better it would be for the environment if I'd rinsed it through thoroughly afterwards wasting who knows how much water only for it to end up in the same bin a few uses later anyway! One for the snug I suppose?!

Latest posts

Back