Cheap Starter Kit ok eBay

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks very good value, considering what is included, especially the SS brew kettle. You could even try brewing the kit, as long as you replaced the supplied yeast.

Should be arriving Wednesday. Comes with a pot that's described as a brew kettle. Saw it up for $120 on their official website.

Out of date or not I'm definitely giving the kit a go.

Cheers, just ordered one as I needed some new fermentation buckets and I prefer the US style ones, the pot will come in handy too.

Still says 4 left if anyone else wants one.

There were only 3 left when I ordered and when they all went another batch showed up, they do it to make you buy it lol.

Good kit though but the lid isnt a tight fit. Just got some grains so the pots being used for BIAB.

There were only 3 left when I ordered and when they all went another batch showed up, they do it to make you buy it lol.

Good kit though but the lid isnt a tight fit. Just got some grains so the pots being used for BIAB.

Is the lid a problem? I know NB have a lid removal tool so I wasn't sure if it'd be difficult to take off/on.

Also interested to see what it looks like, as the ebay listing has a few different kits in the images.

It may be more of a user error than anything haha. When I get home from work I'll try and get some pictures of the kit for you. Now I think about it I may be using the bottling bucket as an FV and.thats why the lid doesn't fit.

just bought another evil dog double IPA kit otherwise i would have snapped this up. bad timing on my part. currently showing 1 remaining. maybe next time (though there seldom is a next time with deals like that)

I bought one a few weeks ago and its excellent value for money.

Had to bodge the brew a bit as the kettle didn't work on my induction hob (I now have a heat transfer plate) but it turned out tasting great.

It's cheap because the kit is out of date, but I brewed in September and this was the BBE date so technically it was on the cusp of indate still.

I bought one a few weeks ago and its excellent value for money.

Had to bodge the brew a bit as the kettle didn't work on my induction hob (I now have a heat transfer plate) but it turned out tasting great.

It's cheap because the kit is out of date, but I brewed in September and this was the BBE date so technically it was on the cusp of indate still.

I'm going to brew it this weekend if the estimated delivery is correct and it arrives Saturday. Never done an extract brew before, started with all grain so should be an experience.

I'm going to brew it this weekend if the estimated delivery is correct and it arrives Saturday. Never done an extract brew before, started with all grain so should be an experience.

The kit I received was a grain kit, with malt extract and some hops. Not sure if they differ, but you may receive something similar.

Yeah I got a Bloc Party ale kit. I couldn't see a best before date but the grains were packaged in 2018. Looks ok to me though I'm going to make it at some point.

I got this kit also. My brew is in the fermenter just now.
Kit review - apparently fermenter lid doesn't seal great, I've not used mine yet but I've read a few say this.
Pot - decent size at 19 litres. Not quite big enough for a full size brew but it will do for half batches, just means twice as many brew sessions.
The rest of the bits and pieces all seem decent , overall I'm pretty happy with it.

It's true the fermenter lid doesn't seal great at all and comes off at the slightest tap, but for the price I still can't fault it.

It may be more of a user error than anything haha. When I get home from work I'll try and get some pictures of the kit for you. Now I think about it I may be using the bottling bucket as an FV and.thats why the lid doesn't fit.
I got this kit also. My brew is in the fermenter just now.
Kit review - apparently fermenter lid doesn't seal great, I've not used mine yet but I've read a few say this.
Pot - decent size at 19 litres. Not quite big enough for a full size brew but it will do for half batches, just means twice as many brew sessions.
The rest of the bits and pieces all seem decent , overall I'm pretty happy with it.
It's true the fermenter lid doesn't seal great at all and comes off at the slightest tap, but for the price I still can't fault it.

Just received mine, had a little play around and it seems like a good kit for the price.

Regarding the lid, mine also seemed quite loose, but I just realised you have to press down very hard on it to make it click in place. I got directly above the bucket, put both palms on the same side and pushed down, it goes on pretty easy like this.

Problem I now have, I can't get it off again haha. Have tried several techniques but it isn't coming off.

Just ordered these for delivery tomorrow, they are pretty much the same as what Northern Brewer sell on their website for the same reason - FANTESI 4 Pcs Bucket Lid Opener, 8 Inch 5 Gallon Paint Can Opener Pail Lid Lifter Bucket Remover Bucket Opener Tool: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Latest posts

Back