Chemstone?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegThat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any interest in a new product from chemisphere called chemstone.

Chemstone is designed to remove scale and beer stone off equipment.

Beerstone is a kind of scale known as 'calcium oxalate' (C2CaO4) in the brewing industry.

This precipitate is largely due to a reaction between alkaline cleaners (e.g. caustic soda), hard water minerals (think calcium and magnesium) and protein in the form of amino acids.

It affects both the home brewer and commercial operations.

If there is interest I will stock it, if not then I wont :)

Cheers

I am wondering if there is any interest in a new product from chemisphere called chemstone.
Chemstone is designed to remove scale and beer stone off equipment.

How does it compare in price to other products designed to do the job?

I had a bottle of FiveStar B S Remover from the Malt Miller some time ago. I tried it diluted, as recommended, and neat and it hardly touched the deposit on my fermenters. Undiluted bleach worked better, not that that was very good either, and dilute hydrochloric acid had no discernible effect. I'd suggest you check the formulation of each product and, if they're the same, don't bother.
Now I''ve moved to a soft water area, I don't get any additional build up. Much of the original is still there, though.

I also tried the Fivestar version in varying dilutions, It never touched anything.
Will be hesitant to waste my money on anything else going forward without some good evidence that the product works.
On another note I emailed Ben @Kegthat regarding Keg King products and they never got back to me.

Hi all sorry I never replied to these been super busy! I will reply to these all asap! @Nashbrew sorry I cant remember seeing the email, what was the subject and I can take a look :) Cheers

Latest posts

Back