Cherry Sauce in a Simply Export Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzo

Reaction score
1611662148006 (1).jpg1611662148015 (1).jpg

Hi, I have a bottle of Costa Coffee Cherry Sauce 1 litre in the cupboard unopened and was wondering can I add it to a Simply Export Stout to add flavor. If so, do I have to boil it before adding to the mixture?

I have had a read of the ingredients and it says:- Water, Sugar, Sour Cherry Puree, Fructose, Black Cherry Juice from concentrate, Cornflour, Apple Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavouring, Lemon Juice. It also has colouring E163 and Potassium Sorbate Preservative.

Plan was to add malt extract and due wondered if I could add the cherry sauce. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Given it's got preservative I think you may have to boil it..I think I'd just add a bit to some bottles instead of priming sugar and see what happens.

View attachment 40245View attachment 40246

Hi, I have a bottle of Costa Coffee Cherry Sauce 1 litre in the cupboard unopened and was wondering can I add it to a Simply Export Stout to add flavor. If so, do I have to boil it before adding to the mixture?

I have had a read of the ingredients and it says:- Water, Sugar, Sour Cherry Puree, Fructose, Black Cherry Juice from concentrate, Cornflour, Apple Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavouring, Lemon Juice. It also has colouring E163 and Potassium Sorbate Preservative.

Plan was to add malt extract and due wondered if I could add the cherry sauce. Thanks in advance for any tips!
It's been a while since I thought about adding stuff like this, but from memory the Potassium Sorbate
might kill the yeast. Some of mine didn't ferment even after boiling.

Cheers for the replies and advise, I'll try adding to a few bottles at priming stage instead of at the beginning, and trying a few more by adding at drinking stage, see what there like.

Latest posts

Back