Cherry Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supersocks

Reaction score
I just started a brew today using some Aldi apple juice and about 300ml Aldi cranberry juice per demijohn as I find it gives the brew a bit of extra flavour I like..
I picked up a bottle of this stuff the other day in Lidl and was thinking of adding once the initial fermentation dies down and its time to top up the demijohn.
Has anyone used this stuff before?, how much would you suggest putting into a demijohn in one go?, the bottle is 400ml.

cherry.jpg

In my excitement to add this i forgot to add malic acid and pectolase. The bubblers are still bubbling slowly (brew is around two weeks in now) , is it too late to add? I only realised as the brew is normally starting to clear by now and its not.

Last edited:
I’m normally not a wine maker but looking at the uses of:
  • Malic Acid (used for wine making/home brewing to help speed fermentation)
  • Pectolase (used to break down pectin in wine must allowing pulp fermentation fruit wines to clear)
Personally, I would just stick it in now.
:hat:

Well I just did on one of the demijohns, when the malic hit the juice, talk about Mount Vesuvius, lesson learned!!
I topped it up once it had settled down and added some pectolase which was thankfully uneventful. Will leave the other one well enough alone after the right mess that made.

Latest posts

Back