Cheshire Brew Crew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DethApostle

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all!
As some of you may already be aware for the last couple of years I have been a part of two homebrew clubs, the Chester Brew Crew and Brewdoo Homebrew Club. Both clubs were based in the Chester/Frodsham area so it made a lot of sense (for my sanity) to merge the two clubs together and so this year... the Cheshire Brew Crew was born!

We meet every last Thursday of the month at Cellar Bar, City Road, Chester at (roughly) 7:30pm
If you've never been to City Bar you are missing out! It's a short stagger from the station and has rotating selection on their 4 cask pulls, the many keg lines and also an even more impressive fridge selection! We have generously been given the use of their downstairs function room/bar to hold our meetings!

Everybody is welcome whether you are a Kit, BiaB, Extract or All Grain brewer - we're not fussy! Or perhaps you are just interested in taking your first steps into home-brewing and are looking for advice on where to start!
Most meetups involve a general bottle swap where we get to try samples of everybody else's latest creations but we also run two annual club competitions and this year have many more special events in the pipeline!
If you are interested in finding out more you can get in contact with us on Twitter: @CheshireBrewCru, Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hbc.chester/, our website: http://www.cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk and we have a post on most of the better homebrew forums! You can PM me here too of course!
Plus i'm sure you won't miss our new flyer!
untitled1.png

I hope to maybe see a few of you down at one of meetings in the future...

Cheers!
Ben

Thanks for your post on the Liverpool Homebrew thread, just thought I'd let you know I'm now stalking you on social media :)

I actually recently moved over to Birkenhead so it won't be too difficult for me to make it down to one of your meetings. I might be able to come next week (baring any unexpected hiccups).

If I was bringing beer, how much of each should I aim for? Don't want anyone to go thirsty.

Oh, and I'm totally stealing your roulette idea for one of our competitions :)

Hi Ben, I knew I had seen your pic somewhere before it started cropping up on Facebook/Twitter etc! Didn't make the connection to here though!

Generally we bring 2 bottles (500ml) of each beer, to share around but really it depends on what you have available! No danger of us going thirsty!
The February meeting might (still tbc) have someone from iMake coming down with a Grainfather to show it off. Might be of interest to you?
Would be good to meet you if you are available... need to arrange a trip to Liverpool at some point!

DA

I may try and come along this Thursday, just depends on work. It's a bit of a drive but I'll bring my chauffer (other half).

Blimey Sonnal, that is a bit of a trek from Bury! Would be good to see you if you can make the trek though, more the merrier and all that!

DA

Thanks for the invite, I work in the city centre until 8:00pm so I may well arrive tonight - Have to clear it with the boss first (wife).

Haha, no problem Rob, appreciate it's short notice too!
We'll be downstairs at Cellar Bar so if you do come grab a beer from the bar (keeps the owners happy) and pop down!

DA

February's meeting write-up is now on the website!
Looking forward to the March meet on 31st for the judging of our club competition 'Recipe Roulette'!

DA

Just 4 days to go until the March meet and the official judging of the Recipe Roulette club competition.
Thanks to the generosity of the folks at Malt Miller, iMake (the Grainfather lot), Brew UK (tbc) and our host venue Cellar Bar the prize pot currently stands at c. £100! Suddenly this competition is worth taking seriously!

Good luck to all the entrants!
DA

Just a quick post to remind everyone that there is no May meeting tonight because we're off to Brewdog Liverpool on Sunday for their homebrew competition and a day on the ales!
Cheers!

DA

Congratulations to Charlie from the Cheshire Brew Crew who was victorious overall at the Brewdog Liverpool homebrew competition yesterday with his Barrel Aged Smoked Cherry Imperial Stout!
I think it was pretty unanimously considered to be by far the best beer there by all of the home brewers there too! It's a shame we only had 2 bottles of it!
Well done Charlie!

DA

Blimey, no update from me in this thread since May? Where does the time go?! :drunk:
Anyhoo... we're meeting tonight at Chester's new and shiny Brewhouse & Kitchen for their inaugural Homebrew Session. Start time is 7pm and if anyone is interested in coming along the details are on their website http://www.brewhouseandkitchen.com/venue/chester-2/
Hope to see you there!
DA

January sees the setting of our 2nd Recipe Roulette competition!

We'll be meeting at Cellar Bar, City Road, Chester on Thursday 29th January. 7:30pm start.
You can read about last years competition here https://cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk/2016/04/05/march-2016-meeting/ and if you are interested in coming along and joining in this year please pop me a message!

Cheers!
DA

Back