Chippy Tea pulls another master stroke?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arcs

Landlord.
Reaction score
So we all have left overs for tomorrow and what better way to pull off the master stroke by being inspired by a Chippy Tea indian curry. What's for boxing day Tea Chippy? And what curry are you guys doing? xD

What's for boxing day Tea Chippy?

Mrs Tea informs me we are having a buffet later including one of these which i have never seen before.

BOOTHS KING PRAWN RING WITH SWEET CHILLI DIP
1608986058941.png

Mrs Tea informs me we are having a buffet later including one of these which i have never seen before.

BOOTHS KING PRAWN RING WITH SWEET CHILLI DIP
View attachment 38322
Ok that's impressive! I like lots.

Personally I came in after a 12 hour working day to the children having been fed and meatballs with pasta in a tomato sauce being made for me, nothing fancy but after that sort of busy shift it tasted just wonderful! (I might try doing that myself with the prawns though - is that pea shoots as part of the salad?)

Anna

we were given a couple of pheasant [...] and I made a curry the following day. That was truly, mind-numbingly disgusting. I challenge anyone to try it.
YES!! With my mam having the pub she'd get all sorts of gubbins given her and pheasants were on the list. Did a curry with them and man alive they were still so overpowering it was unreal. And the amount of bleedin tendons in the damned things...

Honestly, the bin men deserved their christmas tips. Having to look at bin full of rabbits' heads week after week would give me ptsd.

If that’s a prawn. How big are the lobsters in Oz?
We don't have lobsters as you know them, the only ones with claws are the freshwater crayfish Tasmania has the biggest.
1609110227880.png

These are called crayfish or rock lobster which are clawless the biggest I caught off Tasmania I took a photo of, and the photo weighed in at 1.5 kg
1609110503126.png

For pheasant, this is my wife's method, easy to cook in a casserole dish.

Fry off onions,carrots,leeks,celery with seasoning first, add brace of birds and pint or so of water then cover and simmer for couple of hours until meat is falling off the bone.

Then with remove all bones, strain off stock for gravy and bake in a shortcrust pie ( or put in baking tray and cover with puff pastry ).

Great with mash,gravy and some greens.
£6 a brace from our local farm, fresh and free range as you like. Had this meal on Christmas eve.

Latest posts

Back