Chocolate Stout Question?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarenth

Reaction score
I am using 200g cacao nibs to give my stout (5 gallons) a chocolate edge to it. Could anyone suggest when and how long I should put them in?

I'm thinking of putting them in after 3 weeks in primary and then having them sit there for a week or two.

Any suggestions?

Thanks peeps

About a week will be good, I think that's enough time to strip all the flavour and some colour off the nibs. When I have used them, I just added to a hop bag and weighed down with some baking beans.

I misread you there.

41BrhaHkbaL.jpg

:lol:
Thanks!!
I have crushed the the nibs in a coffee grinder and I'm going to add a week before bottling.
cheers

I found the cacao nibs in a whole food store. I went to a couple of them and their prices varied from store to store. The first shop I went into was charging �£5 for a 100g, and the shop I bought them for was �£2.50. Its worth shopping around.

If you don't have any shops nearby that do them you can find them at Holland and Barrett http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/naturya-organic-cocoa-nibs-60094367
:thumb:

Just checking in. Bottled my beer last night and it smells and taste lovely. It could probably be a little stronger in ABV but this without carbonation is easily drinkable. 200g of crushed cacao nibs imparts a good aroma and noticeable chocolate taste.

Will check back when I crack one open :thumb:

upload 1.jpg

upload 2.jpg

upload 3.jpg

upload 4.jpg

I'm sure the chocolate flavour will develope in the bottles/ keg. Any chocolate stout I've done has really gave the wow factor after a few weeks conditioning.

Latest posts

Back