Chopps Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried that. Failed :)
I was cheap and bought closed cell generic foam off ebay.
It made no difference to anything and melted to the pot.
Took me ages to get it all off with solvents and elbow grease.

The moral of the story is don't be a tight ****.

Did you think about trying again with better quality neoprene and high temp velcro?

I can recommend this stuff from screwfix - £11.50 for four panels of mineral wool insulation in a wipe-clean plastic coating that does not melt at boiling water temps. I use one panel wrapped round my Burco, held in place with nylon luggage straps: reduces the power required to maintain a good boil by about 20% :-)
6AA9A973-950B-44DB-A110-5ED3A56C7BA2.jpeg

Brewed for the first time on the new setup yesterday and all went pretty well. Hit my SG despite messing up my boil off numbers. One thing I did notice was that as my water was heating up, the temp on the Inkbird jumped around a bit. I’m assuming this is because I’ve just stuck the prob in my thermowell with no way to conduct the heat. Have you used any thermal paste or did you use another method to do this @chopps?

Also, big congratulations on Four Priests. Really looking forward to watching/reading about the journey. All the best with it and hopefully I can buy a bottle or can one day!

Latest posts

Back