ChrisG - Caley 80/'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
Chris dropped a bottle of his first AG into Edina Homebrew so Davie, the owner of the shop, brought it along to the SCB Midweek meeting on Wednesday.

The Birch Tree Brewery 'Caley 80/-' Dark Ale

The beer had a nice roast malt nose. The flavour was very clean and retained the deep roasted flavours and nice balance. It resembled a mild more that an 80 as it was a bit thinner than you might expect a good Caley 80 to be. However the group all thought it was a lovely beer and a great effort for a first AG.

:clap:

That's a great review for a first ag brew. I'll review mine if you guys don't mind. Due to a lack of whirfloc it looked like dirty dish water, the aroma was surprisingly pungent due to the fact that it was only in the bottle 3 days. Although it did improve by day 7 when i finished the batch it was obvious there was room for small improvements :cool:

A T said:
That's a great review for a first ag brew. I'll review mine if you guys don't mind. Due to a lack of whirfloc it looked like dirty dish water, the aroma was surprisingly pungent due to the fact that it was only in the bottle 3 days. Although it did improve by day 7 when i finished the batch it was obvious there was room for small improvements :cool:

:lol:

Thanks for the review, it was great to hear people enjoyed it. Always pleased to get feedback.

Just done another tonight this time an IPA

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back