Christmas Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DixeySJ

Reaction score
Bottled my Christmas ale today. Didn’t condition as much as I’d hoped in cask so gave it a touch more priming. Added some spice infused vodka to half the batch. I think the taste is fine, hope it gets a little sparkle by Christmas Day .... I used Greg Hughes Winter Warmer recipe, should be around 6% ABV.

Any other seasonal brews on the way ?

Bottled my Christmas ale today. Didn’t condition as much as I’d hoped in cask so gave it a touch more priming. Added some spice infused vodka to half the batch. I think the taste is fine, hope it gets a little sparkle by Christmas Day .... I used Greg Hughes Winter Warmer recipe, should be around 6% ABV.

Any other seasonal brews on the way ?
I've got one on: a Bestmalz Red-X with Mandarina Bavaria nearly SMASH. No idea how Santa's going to take to that one.

For my Christmas brew I’ve just added the spices to a 6% oatmeal stout. A few cloves, a cinnamon stick and teaspoon of ginger.

I wasn’t sure how to do it safely so I soaked the lot in some boiling water and then drained before adding to the FV. Four days to go to bottling day so fingers crossed I’ve not added any nasties and it tastes suitably festive!

Latest posts

Back