Christmas Blue Moon witbier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritzpoll85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a fairly good blue moon clone, with a nice amount of coriander and orange flavour coming through.

I was wondering about adding some additional spices to give it a Christmas twang. I'd guess nutmeg or cinnamon would be normal, but worried the cinnamon could be quite overpowering.

Anyone got any good ideas or things they've tried

You mean like this? Last time I made this beer was like 20 years ago. I recall it was very tasty. One of these years I might have to brew it again. These days I wouldn't boil the spices. I would instead soak them in a few ounces of vodka, then add the flavored vodka back into the beer before bottling. WLP400 was a great yeast for this style.

1637622995359.png

You mean like this? Last time I made this beer was like 20 years ago. I recall it was very tasty. One of these years I might have to brew it again. These days I wouldn't boil the spices. I would instead soak them in a few ounces of vodka, then add the flavored vodka back into the beer before bottling. WLP400 was a great yeast for this style.

View attachment 58105
Thanks for this - any reason you would go the vodka route rather than the boil?

Latest posts

Back