Christmas day food pics☃️

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFB

Landlord.
Reaction score
Any food pics from today 🎄
Sourdough bread for the day..
PXL_20201225_101651313.jpg

Haven't got round to food yet, but had a lovely present from our Quebecois friends who've spent the latest lockdown with us and are helping us celebrate Xmas.
IMG_20201225_105610.jpg

The one on the far right is some kind of French eisbier as far as I can tell, running out at 19% abv.
Looks like a post-turkey beer festival later on.

Gravy..??
Exactly. I've said it before but if my dinner doesn't look like it's been hit by a brown tsunami and you have to go looking for the sprouts with sonar in a rescue boat then sod that - that's not a sunday or christmas dinner.

We got invited round to someone's once for christmas dinner and they had a three bird roast and a turkey crown. Eff that. Turkey Crown = throw away the good bits and leave the awful breast meat. Got a real turkey as soon as I could so we could have a christmas dinner that counted.

Oh, and they also used packet gravy even though I said I'd make real gravy. Dirty, dirty b*stards.

Gravy went on after the pic was taken, can't have a roast dinner without, but once I put gravy on you struggle to see what on the plate, as I smother it.

Hi Foxbat i was a baker for neigh on 30 years, if they were made at home they need to open a bakery they are quality
Yep make a killing, sour dough bread, and get some Remain Humble Pie on your repertoire, that's going to be in great demand in 2021.

Never had roast sirloin before but got one for new year's day. Are they much tastier than the usual topside/silverside joints?

Cheers. Tom

Night and day tastier and more tender, topside/silverside I don't class as roasting joints, I only roast sirloin or rib of beef, don't over cook it use a themometer to get how you like mine came out of the oven at 60c and rested for 30 min.

Best,
London

Back