Christmas decorations.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a couple of those Lazer projector things...take five minutes to set up. I used to dick about on ladders putting lights up for the kids...not any more!

Thats the thing Clint if its for your kids/grandkids fine but these people don't have kids its a game of beat the joneses and it winds me up.

Bah Humbug. :laugh8:

I used to have some shrubbery in the garden which I would tastefully festoon some twinkling fairy lights. Thus bringing some classy,festive ambiance to the street...until my mother in law chopped them down!!

I used to have some shrubbery in the garden which I would tastefully festoon some twinkling fairy lights. Thus bringing some classy,festive ambiance to the street...until my mother in law chopped them down!!

That was a bit extreme couldn't she have simply asked you not to put your lights on them. :laugh8:

My Aunty used to judge the best lights for a village in Wales for a while, like a few years in a row. So a few times we went round and had a look so she could grade them.
There was this one house, and because of some ownership thing or something they couldn’t put lights on the front of their house. So they had this like alleyway down one side, and that side wall used to be covered in Christmas lights. Mental lol.

Every year I write a (not very polite) message down the hedge in our front garden in lights for the neighbour (that we can't stand).
Working in retail, I generally get a bit fed up with all the decorations going up so early, but she's p*ssed me off so much this year, that I might start early...

Far too rude to post the exact messages here!
Luckily it can't be seen from the road, but it's quite a "thing" around here. You can actually hear friends cars slowing down to have a look.
On second thoughts, we have roadworks with traffic lights outside at the moment, so maybe I will wait a while.
Will post pictures in due course!!!

I'll post a pic later just to see the transformation.
IMG_20201113_182521.jpg
IMG_20201113_182458.jpg
IMG_20201113_182453.jpg

Happy Diwali. Festival of Light!

Christmas is a 1-2 day thing for me, not a season. I'll celebrate Yuletide I suppose as I'm not a Christian. The original pagan festivals have more meaning to me but each to their own.
Saturnalia sounded a better celebration!🍻

I'd seen the campaigns to light up the streets this winter, apparently to brighten up the lives of the kids. Started no doubt by those people who are itching to put up decorations as soon as the clocks go back 😁

That is one pitiful light display i am surprised anyone bothers going to look at it.

dddddd.jpg

Every year there are two houses on the ring road in Leicester that are so heavily lit up you could see them from space. I assume they're having a competition to see who can be gaudiest. I feel sorry for whoever lives in the house inbetween the two of them that has no lights at all!

So as a local cultural thing you really do have a rap battle with a dead sheep’s head and if you lose he comes in your house and drinks all your beer. Weird......
It's a horses head actually. But basically yes.
Our lot don't do the rap battle bit, it's a real skill and most groups don't do it. I've seen it done all pre-arranged with them reading off sheets of paper but that's a bit pathetic. We usually just bang on the door and march in playing pipes, fiddles etc, then do a bit of singing.

160 - Tafarn Sinc 1-1-20.jpg

Latest posts

Back