Christmas Decs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When do you normally put your Christmas decorations up?

• I dont.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • November!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • First week in December

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Two weeks before Christmas

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • A few days before Christmas

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

RichieBeer

Reaction score
The kids are on at me to put the tree up this weekend. I say it's too early.

When do you put your decorations up?

Last edited:
We are waiting until next weekend, first will be outside lights then internal decs.

Ours went up this morning. She who must be obeyed wanted them up as we are going away to Scotland for a week

With my birthday Mid-November and the Kids birthdays first week of December, we usually wait until the second week of December as to not take any of the glory away from people's birthdays.

Humbug indeed.,I havent even thought about what sort of Christmass and new year i want to have.??

With all respect to people with kids who are financilly challenged,A good christmas for kids will be remembered fondly for perhaps the next 70-80 years.

Apparently we are having a real tree this year (i cannot remember the last time we had a real one) i don't mind as i will not be hoovering all the needles up.

Doing ours Sunday. We take ours down on Boxung Day because it’s my daughter’s birthday on 2nd Jan so we like to have a gap between, and that means having the tree up slightly earlier

When asked "are you putting the Christmas tree up yourself this year" I usually answer "no having it in the lounge", that aside I have no kids so usually put the tree up two weeks before Christmas and take it down a week after.

One of my neighbours has lights on the trees in his garden.I often wondered how he got them to look exactly the same every Christmas that is until they were swiched on for a short while by accident in June,The penny dropped,He never takes them down!!!!!

I’ve put 1st week of December, although it’s technically my wife and kids who put them (well the tree) up

There are few things that wind me up more than Christmas decorations being put up, and chrimbo songs being on the radio, in November (or earlier!). I love Christmas, but starting it all too early just takes the gloss off it

We have a St Nicholas celebration here, around the 6th, and a lot of people buy Christmas trees and decorum after the 6th. So I chose first week in December.

Back