Christmas on TV

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveinUS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was 12 years old when Santa Claus is Coming To Town first aired. Together with How The Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Frosty The Snowman, and Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, these shows are still a big part of my holiday pleasures.

However, it wasn't until years later after we had our kids, and the advent of the "Pause" button, that we were able to drill down into who the kids were in Sombertown who Santa was checking off on his list.

santaclaus1.jpeg
79990968_10218536595539264_4773054176030621696_o.jpg
79715040_10218536595419261_502863300820729856_o.jpg

I like...
The Wizard of Oz, Jason and the Argonauts,The Snowman,anything Indiana Jones,Star Wars, Sci-fi stuff..
This year I'm really looking forward to the remake of Worzel Gummage.
Also I'm off to see the latest and last Star Wars film on Monday..

The Great Escape, Guns of Navarone, Where Eagles Dare. Any one of those classics will make my Christmas or Boxing Day afternoon. Failing that I'll turn one of our drawers upside down looking for an early Die Hard DVD.

Put down the gun, and give me my detonators...

Alan Rickman. RIP.

Fools and Horses was always a Christmas favourite laugh out loud round here. Another staple was the afternoon Connery/Moore James Bond Film.

Last edited:
Xmas was all about the comedy cmad specials.
Only fools, royal family etc.
But there has nothing for years, just Mrs Brown boys which all seem the same.
At least this year we have Gavin and Stacey

Sinbad was pretty good as well.

And I liked the version of a Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart but they don't often show it

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet - truth be told I don't much like going to the cinema, the bas***ds refuse to pause the film every time I need to go and pee... Much prefer these things on DVD, in front of a roaring fire, pint pot in hand and the pause button only seconds away.

Back