Christmas Pudding Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but just got to the demijohn stage of your wine. Had a load of Christmas puddings left over at work so thought why not have a go? How did it end up? Had a few Swigs while transferring and it tastes awesome!
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Personally, I love it. The brandy has settled down thankfully. But it does just taste of a sweet liquid Christmas Pudding. No boozy burn either which I'm happy about. Still waiting for a review from @uDicko too who I sent one especially for Christmas.

Oh ****. I'll be honest, it's still in the fridge and I'm now trying not to drink in Jan.... Will be the first time in a number of years without alcohol for more than a week...

I'm thinking about not putting as much brandy in, try and keep it to about 22% I think. I have to admit it didn't look too appealing with all the suet bubbling away on top.

I'm thinking about not putting as much brandy in, try and keep it to about 22% I think. I have to admit it didn't look too appealing with all the suet bubbling away on top.
No, it looks like what you produce after too many drinks haha. But it's so worth it.

Started some of this at the weekend, smelled amazing earlier this afternoon. Not sure I’ll bother with the brandy, depends how strong it is when it’s finished. I think the Crossmyloof yeast is supposed to go quite high so hopefully I won’t want to bother adding more alcohol.

image.jpg

Turned out pretty good in the end! Tastes great, a bit like some kind of fruity sherry. Hopefully even better by the Autumn/Winter. Don’t think it really needs any brandy.

Lol had to use 2 different finings. Bentonite didn’t work, left it in the cold for a while after that, that didn’t work.
Then I got some of that Harris Vinclear off eBay, that cleared it in 3 days!

Right result that was

Well folks, being that Halloween has been and gone, I figured it was time to crack this open lol

Very pleased with this beauty, can’t decide if it tastes more like port, Sherry or Madeira. Clearly quite a high percentage as there is a delightful warming sensation as it goes down. Probably wouldn’t want a lot at once lol

Definitely making another gallon this Christmas, ready for next autumn!

Back