Christmas purchase incoming....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, today is a key day in your brewing life, 'the day I started kegging my beer' It can be a game changer in time saved and convenience - you deserve a beer in celebration acheers.

Gotcha ta!

Looking forward to using it. I've had a few key days in my brewing life so happy to add this one to it. I'm going to try convincing my wife that like a demijohn and a carboy it's basically a work of art.

My keg arrived today from BKT. It's very pretty.

Now just to be patient and wait for the current ferment to complete.

Out of interest, why do they ship pressurised?
Nice!
Assuming it is a reconditioned keg, it is to demonstrate to the buyer (in this case, you) that the keg is able to hold pressure.

EDIT: Just saw the responses since you asked. I should have checked page 2 of the thread before I replied...

Just picked up a Hotpoint RLA, which I see on here gets a good rep for the small condenser shelf. I've told my wife she can store her tonic water for her gin in it....

Ok, did my first kegging this morning. A few gas leaks to contend with before I got the hang of really pushing the gas line into the John Guest fitting. Seems all airtight now and I did put some soapy water over all the connections but needless to say still sitting here hoping I'm not losing all my gas :-p

Overall pretty easy though, so fingers crossed everything went well

My wife is happy as her gin stash is in the kegarator keeping cool. Usually there's no room for it in the fridge.

If... When... I get a second keg I'll need to put some additional shelving in

Attachments

• 20211212_201832.jpg
    20211212_201832.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 15
If your fridge came with the shelf that slits in two they make two bottle shelves behind your kegs.
I fashioned a shelf out of 12mm ply that allows me a 19l and a 9l keg in the fridge with bottles on top.
View attachment 59390

Cheers, I was looking at them just last night when I grabbed one of the door shelves out of the loft and wondering if they'd work well for that

The ongoing saga updated.

My new keg got delivered and I put it in the cupboard with the door open, in full view as you walked through the dining room (ie in plain sight). It took just under 24 hours before my wife spotted it, she just smiled and said "did they breed?"

The lager I put in has been carbonating for a week now so I sanitised the beer line and did a test pour last night. Halved the line to increase the speed of pour (BrewKegTap send a 3m line) and it seems about right. Very happy!

It's a downward slope,,,,,,,:cool: (a lot of it due to this forum)
My journey into kegs started about 5 years ago. 25L china versions. Eventually ended up with the current flock of 14. clapa

I now have two + 2 (4) rotating purely on wine (Pinots) and the same on ciders. That only leaves 6 for beer. Add the mix of brews I mainly do - AIPA Blonde, ESB, Broon ale/porter and empty kegs are like hens teeth,,,,, :roll:
Then I bought 30 Ecofass kegs - now 5 of them are out at our hotels. That have suddenly gone quiet,,asad1

Happily my tap-room sales are turning over the brews during Covid (5L returnable/reusable jerry can and 2pt eco-cartons)
Now got a 30m2 brewery building finishing off and kitting out.

Been a great journey all started with that one initial keg!

Latest posts

Back