Christmas songs. (you hate)

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Banbeer

Banbeer Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name one you hate that others love.
I will start it with this my most hated of them all -
I heard today that Radio one is either changing the lyrics or not playing it as some of the lyrics are deemed inappropriate (can't be sure as just background noise)

Clint

Forum jester...๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah heard that earlier...but then talking about "appropriate" stuff...we watched Carry On Camping last night and there was a warning that it contained "stuff that was considered normal then" or words to that effect...
My Alf Garnet box set will be out shortly...

Banbeer

Banbeer Brewing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand most Christmas songs, my wife makes me, yes you heard me right, listen to Mick Buble as we stick the tree up (no not an innuendo) oooh boy does it grate on my moobs.

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
My wife has pointed out that a lot of the songs pronounce and accentuate the last syllable of Christmas with "muss" as in "fuss." When we say the word here, it's more like "miss" as in "p*ss."
She finds it ever so slightly annoying. After she pointed it out, I said, "Why'd you have to point that out?"

Clint

Forum jester...๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..good observations Dave..should be MAS..as in pass...giving it's a Christ Mass...

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard today that Radio one is either changing the lyrics or not playing it as some of the lyrics are deemed inappropriate (can't be sure as just background noise)
That was on 5 live earlier they were beeping out the words.

MickDundee

Landlord.
Reaction score
2 of my favourite Christmas songs in here already. Anyone want to add Frank Sidebottom and make it a hat trick?

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score
There is no forum rule about when we can mention Christmas.. :tongue:

Should be a life rule ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. ๐Ÿ˜ 
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas ๐Ÿ™„

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคฃ

Clint

Forum jester...๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a life rule ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. ๐Ÿ˜ 
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas ๐Ÿ™„

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคฃ
Sounds a bit like someone I know...although mine is massive busy at Christmas so likes to get it in...

trueblue

Landlord.
Reaction score
Fairy tale of New York is the ONLY decent xmas song all the rest are bar humbug. I normally listen to radio 2 for most of the day at work but December it is talk sport all day long.

HSD

Supporting Member
Reaction score

My ears, my ears!

abacab666

Reaction score
Stop the cavalry is stomach churning ๐Ÿคข
Dunno, I quite like it, although I grew up with it so it's got childhood memories attached.

My absolute most hated has to be the Darkness, but that could be cos I despise everything they've ever done. Utter ๐Ÿ’ฉ the lot of it

Clint

Forum jester...๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand most Christmas songs, my wife makes me, yes you heard me right, listen to Mick Buble as we stick the tree up (no not an innuendo) oooh boy does it grate on my moobs.
Yeah....I bet you're there in your three piece suit,trilby on singing "Santa Claus is coming to town" in a New York accent sliding round the front room pretending to ice skate...the full works ....
I might give that a go myself...sounds great!

An Ankoรน

Landlord.
Reaction score
On the whole, I don't mind Slade, but "Merry Christmas Everybody" is truly horrendous. Haven't thought of a favourite one yet.

Latest posts