Quantcast

Christmas songs. (you hate)

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
I like Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney...1979...I was 11 then,fishing tackle for Christmas. Happy times!!

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
I also like Shakys Christmas song...in the epic jumper that his nanna knitted..and the albino elf woman and creepy father Christmas..

MmmBeer

Reaction score
I may be on my own here, but I can't abide that Marih Carey song. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, and refuse to Google it, its that heinous.

Reactions: HSD

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
I may be on my own here, but I can't abide that Marih Carey song. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, and refuse to Google it, its that heinous.
I bet she's hard work! There is a JRT in it so it's not all bad..

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
Not strictly Christmas...Tom Jones and Cerys Mathews...Baby it's cold outside...Jones the Voice...and all round Boss Gooser!
There's lovely.

Banbeer

Nervously watching and waiting
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah....I bet you're there in your three piece suit,trilby on singing "Santa Claus is coming to town" in a New York accent sliding round the front room pretending to ice skate...the full works ....
I might give that a go myself...sounds great!
You spying on us! 😬

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Most hated? Mariah Carey

Favourite? Slade.

I spent a few years living in Japan where Christmas is a very different proposition. I had no idea how awful missing Christmas was until, when walking through Ikebukuro station on my way to work one December morning Slade was randomly being played on the station PA. It brought a tear to my eye!

Gerryjo

I used to be a landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name one you hate that others love.

I will start it with this my most hated of them all -

I love it to bits but you'll be glad to hear Radio 1 will have a different version so as not to offend others, Radio 2 will play the original and Radio 6 shall play both.
What a pile of garbage as its only a song.

Gerryjo

I used to be a landlord
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be a life rule 😛🙈🙉🙊

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. 😠
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas 🙄

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months 🙄😵🤣
Haha my missus and second eldest watch them as soon as they are on tele... And some are down right corny but each to their own..

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Dave...that's proper bad! Go lock yourself in the coal shed!
Funny,
It was the worst non-new song I could think of; I should have added that.
Some people like it though because it gets played on the radio enough here for me to know it. It also gets stuck in your head very easily so be careful.

terrym

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the whole, I don't mind Slade, but "Merry Christmas Everybody" is truly horrendous. Haven't thought of a favourite one yet.
Spot on. There comes a point in time where you have heard enough of 'Nodday' and the lads belting out the same song. I reached that point years ago, along with Roy Wood et al "I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday", which I think is most people's nightmare.