Christmas songs. (you hate)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name one you hate that others love.
I will start it with this my most hated of them all -

I heard today that Radio one is either changing the lyrics or not playing it as some of the lyrics are deemed inappropriate (can't be sure as just background noise)

Yeah heard that earlier...but then talking about "appropriate" stuff...we watched Carry On Camping last night and there was a warning that it contained "stuff that was considered normal then" or words to that effect...
My Alf Garnet box set will be out shortly...

I can't stand most Christmas songs, my wife makes me, yes you heard me right, listen to Mick Buble as we stick the tree up (no not an innuendo) oooh boy does it grate on my moobs.

My wife has pointed out that a lot of the songs pronounce and accentuate the last syllable of Christmas with "muss" as in "fuss." When we say the word here, it's more like "miss" as in "p*ss."
She finds it ever so slightly annoying. After she pointed it out, I said, "Why'd you have to point that out?"

I heard today that Radio one is either changing the lyrics or not playing it as some of the lyrics are deemed inappropriate (can't be sure as just background noise)

That was on 5 live earlier they were beeping out the words.

2 of my favourite Christmas songs in here already. Anyone want to add Frank Sidebottom and make it a hat trick?

There is no forum rule about when we can mention Christmas.. :tongue:

Should be a life rule 😛🙈🙉🙊

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. 😠
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas 🙄

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months 🙄😵🤣

Should be a life rule 😛🙈🙉🙊

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. 😠
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas 🙄

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months 🙄😵🤣
Sounds a bit like someone I know...although mine is massive busy at Christmas so likes to get it in...

Fairy tale of New York is the ONLY decent xmas song all the rest are bar humbug. I normally listen to radio 2 for most of the day at work but December it is talk sport all day long.

Sounds a bit like someone I know...although mine is massive busy at Christmas so likes to get it in...

1605817180876.png

Stop the cavalry is stomach churning 🤢
Dunno, I quite like it, although I grew up with it so it's got childhood memories attached.

My absolute most hated has to be the Darkness, but that could be cos I despise everything they've ever done. Utter 💩 the lot of it

I can't stand most Christmas songs, my wife makes me, yes you heard me right, listen to Mick Buble as we stick the tree up (no not an innuendo) oooh boy does it grate on my moobs.
Yeah....I bet you're there in your three piece suit,trilby on singing "Santa Claus is coming to town" in a New York accent sliding round the front room pretending to ice skate...the full works ....
I might give that a go myself...sounds great!

On the whole, I don't mind Slade, but "Merry Christmas Everybody" is truly horrendous. Haven't thought of a favourite one yet.

Back