Christmas songs. (you hate)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be on my own here, but I can't abide that Marih Carey song. I can't remember the name of it at the moment, and refuse to Google it, its that heinous.

Reactions: HSD
Not strictly Christmas...Tom Jones and Cerys Mathews...Baby it's cold outside...Jones the Voice...and all round Boss Gooser!
There's lovely.

Yeah....I bet you're there in your three piece suit,trilby on singing "Santa Claus is coming to town" in a New York accent sliding round the front room pretending to ice skate...the full works ....
I might give that a go myself...sounds great!
You spying on us! 😬

Most hated? Mariah Carey

Favourite? Slade.

I spent a few years living in Japan where Christmas is a very different proposition. I had no idea how awful missing Christmas was until, when walking through Ikebukuro station on my way to work one December morning Slade was randomly being played on the station PA. It brought a tear to my eye!

Name one you hate that others love.

I will start it with this my most hated of them all -

I love it to bits but you'll be glad to hear Radio 1 will have a different version so as not to offend others, Radio 2 will play the original and Radio 6 shall play both.
What a pile of garbage as its only a song.

Should be a life rule 😛🙈🙉🙊

The mrs starts watching the films on those Christmas channels around October, much to my annoyance. 😠
Come Christmas time and she complains it doesn't feel like Christmas 🙄

I point out it's hardly surprising since she's been living it for nigh on the last 3 months 🙄😵🤣
Haha my missus and second eldest watch them as soon as they are on tele... And some are down right corny but each to their own..

Dave...that's proper bad! Go lock yourself in the coal shed!
Funny,
It was the worst non-new song I could think of; I should have added that.
Some people like it though because it gets played on the radio enough here for me to know it. It also gets stuck in your head very easily so be careful.

On the whole, I don't mind Slade, but "Merry Christmas Everybody" is truly horrendous. Haven't thought of a favourite one yet.
Spot on. There comes a point in time where you have heard enough of 'Nodday' and the lads belting out the same song. I reached that point years ago, along with Roy Wood et al "I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday", which I think is most people's nightmare.

Back