Christmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick Christmas Quiz.

From which monologue does the following come? ‘Shall I bring you your money box Albert?’ said Mother, so coaxing and sweet. But Albert let drop an expression he must have picked up in the street!

By what name is Ferdinand Joseph Lamothe better known?

On a clear day, by looking around, you can see Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland. Where are you standing?

Answers tomorrow.

Quick Christmas Quiz.

From which monologue does the following come? ‘Shall I bring you your money box Albert?’ said Mother, so coaxing and sweet. But Albert let drop an expression he must have picked up in the street!

On a clear day, by looking around, you can see Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland. Where are you standing?

Answers tomorrow.
No 3...that pepper pot lighthouse place on the hill by Chippy Teas house (Cumbria)..?

Possibly one of the peaks in the Lake District. But possibly the top of Snowdon. And there must be places in Ireland that can see everywhere else too. Isle of Man?

Reactions: CD
Merry Christmas all you lovely brewers.

I had a dry Christmas Eve as I was doing stuff at midnight mass.

Martin

Well at least I'm not the only one here who have recognition to the gift we were all given two millinia ago.

The congregation i serve celebrated a Lessons & Carols service as well.

Today will be spent mostly with my beloved (& our sons on 'zoom' for a bit). Its a slow day for a pastor. A much needed slow day. Thanos be to God.

Happy Christmas to all of you!! Whether you're sober, smashed, or passed out! Enjoy the day.

Thanos doesn't sound very Christian to me. Is this The Thanos of Marvel Comics fame? A thoroughly bad egg, as I recall.

I thought he was very much onto something, the way he went about it before he had all the infinity stones was a bit rough, but he was essentially doing what he believed to be for the greater good and the end would have ultimately justified the means.

Obviously I'm referring to the Thanos of the MCU rather than the comic book canon (his motivation for attempting to wipe out half the universe was very different in each, the films making more sense, at least in theory, in my opinion).

"My Mamma's Guide to Prostitution." by Albert Finney.
Ferdy-Joey-Moth boy! He was in my year at school and he came first in running round a candle on sports day every year.
Stock taking in my dad's map shop and still hoping that daft Jenny might come in and still lets you have a go on her boobs if you buy her a choc-ice.

Possibly one of the peaks in the Lake District. But possibly the top of Snowdon. And there must be places in Ireland that can see everywhere else too. Isle of Man?
Christmas Quiz Answers. Apologies for the delay, but I’ve had no phone line since Christmas day.

‘The Jubilee Sovereign’ written by Marriott Edgar and recorded by Stanley Holloway. Another misadventure of Albert Ramsbottom, who’d already been swallowed whole by a lion in Blackpool Zoo (The Lion and Albert), and made a miraculous reappearance (Albert’s Return).

Jelly Roll Morton. Jazz pianist, bandleader, and prolific composer. He began by playing piano in a New Orleans brothel at the age of 14.

On the top of Snaefell mountain, the highest point on the Isle of Man. Just visible, if you know where to look, are the Mull of Galloway (Scotland), the Cumbrian Mountains (England), Snowdonia (Wales), and the Mountains of Mourne (Ireland).

Latest posts

Back